Nijmegen Firefly turret request

Fortificaties onderdeel van bijv. de BB en de IJssellinie
Plaats reactie
2a9

Nijmegen Firefly turret request

Bericht door 2a9 »

Sir
I am a scale modeler from Russia and my current project is the Firefly high bustle turret used in Ijessellinie somewhere near Nijmegen .
I`ve got 3 pics of this turret here
http://freespace.virgin.net/shermanic.f ... photos.htm

But in order to get better results I need some more pictures (from the right side for instance).
May be You could help me and share with me some photos.
If needed You can see what I`ve done already.
Afbeelding Afbeelding
Afbeelding

This is not a commercial project and I am building the model for my own .
Sorry I can not spell Dutch.

Thanks
Aleksandr.
Joop Schreuder †

Re: Nijmegen Firefly turret request

Bericht door Joop Schreuder † »

IJssellinie Olst (Plan C en D), same as Nijmegen and Arnhem
Tankturrets (complete tanks in concrete casing)
Toegangsluik personeelsonderkomen tankkoepel.JPG
DSC00815.JPG
DSC00816.JPG
DSC00817.JPG
DSC00818.JPG
DSC00853.JPG
DSC00859.JPG
DSC00860.JPG
Greetz,

Joop
Je hebt niet voldoende permissies om de bijlagen van dit bericht te bekijken.
2a9

Bericht door 2a9 »

Joop Schreuder schreef:IJssellinie Olst (Plan C en D), same as Nijmegen and Arnhem
Tankturrets (complete tanks in concrete casing)
Thank you very much for your reply and help.
I`ve build the turret which near the road N337 to Deventer yet and I can say that it has some differences from the one I am asking about in my first post.
Generally speaking it is a unique turret because it was restored and has some newly made details.
Modeling it I tried to show all those "new" details and I could not rely on the pics of the same turret placed somewhere in the US,UK,Canada etc .So I had to dug the Internet to get the photos of this particular turret near the river.
Same as for the turret in Meinerswijk. But with one exception : when I`ve finished it some new photos became available and I found that I`ve made some mistakes ,such as the lacking of an oval hole on the roof hatch cover.
I`ve searched for a 1 and a half year material about the "Nijmegen " turret but with almost no results .
When I say "almost" I mean that the man who made the photos here http://freespace.virgin.net/shermanic.f ... photos.htm visited this forum some time ago and there was a chance that he could help me as you ,Mr.J.Schreuder did or some one else could.

Thanks
Aleksandr.
fortaandenvechten

Bericht door fortaandenvechten »

In oosterbeek are another two incased sherman. I suspect that in those in oosterbeek were equipt with .50's. I have some pictures of the one with turrret(the other one has the turret removed) but i need to have the film developed and then scan the pictures
2a9

Bericht door 2a9 »

fortaandenvechten schreef:In oosterbeek are another two incased sherman. I suspect that in those in oosterbeek were equipt with .50's. I have some pictures of the one with turrret(the other one has the turret removed) but i need to have the film developed and then scan the pictures
This would be very interesting to see.
But as I am not very good in the Arnhem geography ,I have a question:
do any of the turrets\tanks you are talking about correspond in any way with so called the Kema terrein turret or not?
Joop Schreuder †

Bericht door Joop Schreuder † »

" As-Built" tank turret positions in Arnhem and Nijmegen (mostly demolished):
Arnhem C en D.jpg
Nijmegen C en D.jpg
fortaandenvechten

They are close to the kema terrein, which you mentioned. Your talking about the same bunker as i am.
2a9

Bericht door 2a9 »

Joop Schreuder schreef:" As-Built" tank turret positions in Arnhem and Nijmegen (mostly demolished):
--thanks for info.
fortaandenvechten schreef:They are close to the kema terrein, which you mentioned. Your talking about the same bunker as i am.
--It would be very interesting to compare and make corrections for me.
And,by the way,can you please measure the hexagonal steel hatch located on the rear concrete portion of the bunker ?
fortaandenvechten

I'll see i i can make a bike by and measure the hatch this week.
St FBB

Bericht door St FBB »

For my publication De IJssellinie 1950-1968 i had some tankkazemats rebuild at the scale of 1: 35.

In Olst I have one rebuild with a fake gun, this bij Joop Staman, Jeeparts.nl, in Nijverdal.

www.bunkerbeheer.nl
2a9

Bericht door 2a9 »

St FBB schreef:For my publication De IJssellinie 1950-1968 i had some tankkazemats rebuild at the scale of 1: 35.

In Olst I have one rebuild with a fake gun, this bij Joop Staman, Jeeparts.nl, in Nijverdal.

http://www.bunkerbeheer.nl
Nice museum ,St FBB ! Where can I see your 1:35 minibunkers?

Well , according to Panoramio in a past year a new road has appeared near the "Kema " turret :http://www.panoramio.com/photo/74486167?tag=Arnhem
But there are still no pics from the rear of the turret :cry:
Can someone there in Arnhem fix this problem for me please? :oops:
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Fortificaties van 1946 tot 1989 (Koude Oorlog)”